My ‘Record’ button on the floating window is not working.
Try these steps to fix this issue:
- Go to “Settings” -> Find “Permission Control” -> Turn off the “Drop Over” permission of Vidma Recorder.
- Try to start recording by pressing on the ‘Record’ button under the Notification Bar instead.
My recording has no sound.
Check that the ‘Recording Audio’ button is opened in the Settings and if another app is using the microphone.
If ‘Recording Audio’ has been enabled, please record your videos with the speaker instead, since the internal audio is not captured in your Android system.
My app keeps crashing during the recording process.
- Recording process may crash when recording video reaches 2GB. To fix this, go to “Settings” and turn on “Fix Recording Interrupted”.
- If the recording process crashes while you are using microphone, you can switch your recording mode to “Internal Audio” under “Settings”.
- If the issue still persists after the above remedies, please send us a feedback under “Settings”.
My screen freezes up while I am recording.
- Please make sure that other competing apps in the background are closed.
- If this does not work, please go to the “Settings” of your phone, and find the Camera app in the list, tap on it to Clear Cache and Data.
I want to record longer videos.
Longer videos require more storage space. You can free up space on your device by managing storage under the “Settings” of your phone.
My recording is blurry.
- If you want to record a High Resolution video, you can go to “Settings” and set the resolution to “1080P”.
- If you want to record a High Quality video, you can go to “Settings” and set the quality to “EQ”(Excellent Quality).
Please note that the size of your video will depend on the quality and resolution of your video.
My recording is split into multiple videos.
Some mobile devices have file size limitations. In order to save and record smoothly, the video exceeding the size limit will automatically be split into multiple smaller videos.
If you find that the recording duration is longer than the video duration, please check your video list for the other video parts.
Is Vidma safe to use?
Vidma complies with PDPA, GDPR laws and Google Play regulations. All data or information obtained from our users are solely used to improve the quality of screen recording and video editing, enhancing the user experience while using Vidma app only. It will not be used for any other means.
Phone Model and System Problems
I cannot record videos with my Xiaomi phone.
Please enable ‘Start in Background’ on your phone with these steps:
System Settings -> Vidma Recorder on Apps -> Permission -> Start in Background
I received error while using the app on Android 5.1.
Some issues are more prevalent with this operating system version. Here is a tip you can try:
When the ‘pop-up window’ for Authorization appears, please do not check ‘Do Not Show Again’, just tap ‘Start Now’ instead.
Please reinstall our app if you have checked on “Do Not Show Again” option.
My recording shows a black screen while I am recording in certain apps (eg. Netflix, Disney+).
Out of the consideration that protects the intellectual property and copyright of videos, TV series, movies and so on, some apps has blocked the ability to record screen within their apps.